Friday, February 11, 2011

February Challenge

Remember last month, I decided that my challenge for this month was to clean my house little by little? Well, that got off to a lousy start. I could use the addition of last minute swim lessons to our schedule and lots of subbing in the after school program as excuses, but to be completely honest, I just wasn't up to it. I hadn't done a thing on my list, as of yesterday. Fortunately, school was cancelled due to snow and I was able to get a significant amount of work done around the house. There are only handful of things left, and I made a list so I could cross off the tasks as I complete them. My house is clean to my satisfaction right now, and it will stay that way.

My other challenge for this month was to give up artificial sweeteners. I don't like natural sweeteners like Stevia, and real sugar, honey, and agave were too "pointy" for my diet. I like to eat my points, not drink them. So I was also giving up coffee and tea because I cannot drink that shit unsweetened. Since I didn't have my coffee, I was eating more than I should have been. It was leading me down Binge Lane, so after five days, I decided to pick my battles, and artificial sweeteners aren't one I'm willing to fight at this point.

So what's up for next month? I have no idea.

No comments: