Sunday, May 9, 2010

Friday Five

There's a community on LiveJournal that posts a set of questions every Friday. Some weeks, I feel like putting in the effort. Sometimes it just takes me a few days to put in that effort.

What is your favorite book and why? More like series - Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. So far, there are 7 books and there will be at least one more. The books are long and well written, and you cannot help but be best friends with the characters. They feel like family. Other favorites include The Stand, Bag of Bones, and The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, Strangers and the Odd Thomas Books by Dean Kootz, and Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series.

How many languages do you speak? Just English and igpay atinlay.

How many family members do you have named Bill? Jim? Etc? In my immediate family and what I know of the massive amount of extended family members, no Bills or Jims, but I'm pretty sure there's a distant cousin named Etc and his son Etc Jr.

What is your all time favorite song? All time??? I can't pick just one. I go through phases. Sometimes I love the old stuff. Sometimes I can't get enough of the new stuff. If a gun is to my head, Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" made me who I am. That is the song (thanks to my friend Melissa pointing out the one-armed drummer) that got me into hair metal, which dictated who my friends were, which led me down certain paths. But recent favorites include "Welcome To The Black Parade" and "Famous Last Words" by My Chemical Romance, but my right now song is "Savior" by Rise Against. I can't not move my feet when I hear it.

What can't you imagine your life without? My Zune and mp3 technology.

No comments: