Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Songs that got me through 2012

2012 was a crazy year. I started off with the toughest physical challenge of my life (the Georgia Spartan Sprint), muddled through the biggest emotional challenge of my life (my separation which will ultimately lead to divorce - damn this stupid fucking state for the mandatory year and a day waiting period!!), and ended with some finding myself and looking forward. I have big plans for next year, which I'll blog about in a few days. This post is all about the music. Music always gets me through. It's my best friend, and these are the songs that helped me heal. Lots of tears were shed, lots of anger was released, and ultimately, I have come out of this happy.


Rihanna - We Found Love



Fun - We Are Young



Kelly Clarkson - Stronger



Shinedown - For My Sake



Shinedown - I'm Not Alright


Usher - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love Again


Enrique Iglesias - I Like It


Pink - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)


Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory


Victorious Cast - All I Want Is Everything


Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over


Shinedown - Her Name Is Alice


Shinedown - Diamond Eyes

Shinedown - I'm Alive

You could say I really fucking like Shinedown. But there you have it. That was pretty much the playlist from May through December. 

No comments: